My Love, My Flower




California Poppies have come to my garden

While our conscious minds contain some knowledge, far more is knowledge is contained in the depths of our being. It is from here that intuitions, sixth sense and feelings arise. We may not be able to explain or understand the source of our feelings but they drive us much through life. One of these feelings is what is known as love at first sight. This love at first sight does not take place for another human only; it can take place for other things too such as flowers. Two flowers that have grabbed me thus in life are cosmos and California poppy. I had chanced upon a bed of California poppy in childhood somewhere and it grabbed my attention much. Everything about it - ferny leaves, pointy buds like hats of some elves in story books and delightful gentle flowers were delightful as is with everything about someone we love deeply. Even their flaws add a special charm as long as we remain in love with them.

In the years since I have grown lovely cosmos flowers in my garden but as regards California poppy either opportunity did not arise or I could not chance upon seedlings or seeds. For much of my life I have lived in India and it is not a common variety of poppy here. However some months back, I procured poppy seeds in a packet that showed pictures of the red, white and pink poppies and planted them. Some days later tiny hair like leaves of the plant appeared and I immediately knew they were the California poppies. One may recognize a loved one from the tiniest appearance often.

Now a small patch of flowers has begun to bloom beside a path in a garden. It has taken more than half a century for the Lord to grant me this love of my childhood. He always does in the right season and at the right time if the love is a true one, a love just the sake of it and not any other selfish interest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Birds to Telepathy

Inflation: Stealing from the Poor for the Rich

Neem tree: As the Magical Sleep Aid

You are what you eat, and drink

Edgar Cayce and the Almond Tree

The Balsam Flower - Magic of Medicinal Herbs and Flowers

The Palash Tree - Magic of Medicinal Herbs and Flowers and Back Pain

Spirituality and Evil

Impact of Lust and Nudity on Spiritual Growth